Wednesday, June 18, 2014

THE FOUNDER OF ZION

 "What shall one then answer the messengers of the nation? That the Lord hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it". Isaiah (14: 32)
God loves the poor and needy people. He asked us not to, 
"He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor." (Proverb 14: 31).
Considering those that trust in God, mostly is the poor and the needy. They had no where to turn during their suffering because most people looked on them and scorn them. You know I felt so good when I walk the city of Rochester, I go to the "SLUM" that most people afraid to go. I talk with the poor and the needy people because I'm no different from them. We breath the same air, lives under the same cloud and walk on the same earth. What makes be to be better than them. The rich man dies and the poor man dies, show me a difference in this. What we must do is to help them out of their poverty and stop scorning them. 
When I was growing up in the Island, I was taught that white people are superior than to me. Well, to me as a teenager, I found it very disgusting. So I began to read many books about white people and black people. The only thing that I saw then that was different, they colonized many countries and black people did not. Skin color, riches, to me at that time and even now is naught. What I look at in a person is compassion towards others. Then I thought, if God created everyone white and rich, the world would not function as it is now, because everyone would be so rich they would not work with each other, because they are rich.
God as founded Zion and he wants the poor to dwell in it.
My parents told  their children to take care of the poor in whatever country we choose to dwell. Three time per year Word of the Living God Prayer Ministries, has community cookout to feed the poor and the needy. We do not give these people out dated food, we buy fresh food and spent time in cooking it and gives it to the poor and the needy people. We do not look at color, we looks at the poor and the needy. 
      ... OUR PEOPLE, OUR COMMUNITY...
   Below are pictures of things we do in our community.


                     Pastor Catherine Taylor & her members reaches out to the community with a passion of love!










THIS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF WHAT WE DO IN OUR COMMUNITY.




Matthew 25:40
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'
1 John 3:17
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?
Leviticus 25:17
Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the LORD your God.
Deuteronomy 24:14
Do not take advantage of a hired worker who is poor and needy, whether that worker is a fellow Israelite or a foreigner residing in one of your towns.
Job 24:4
They thrust the needy from the path and force all the poor of the land into hiding.
Job 31:15
Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form us both within our mothers?
Proverbs 17:5
Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished.
Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.
Proverbs 22:2
Rich and poor have this in common: The LORD is the Maker of them all.
Take note of the above bible verse and practice them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment