Monday, June 16, 2014

ROMANTIC LOVE



MODERN ROMANCE
Modern romance sent off signal that is very cloudy sometimes. In romantic love, there should be permanent attachment with each other. Because of the physiologically arousal that accompany sexual arousal, many people mistake sexual attraction for love. Especially because we are sexually active minded and always ready for actions. It is important that one should be able to know the difference between a one- night stand, and real love. In modern romance most people believes that sex is love. This is where they are misled and later fall into danger. Where a boy meets girl and many hearts gets broken in pieces.
Note that I am not one of those who do not believe in love. I am one who concern of people using sex as love. Where love is presence a person feels happy. Love is a great experience when both party are ready and determine to stay together.  I should say that love is a wonderful experience and goods gives gifts. May I take you to what Paul the Apostle has to say about love in 1 Corinthians 13 read as follows:
13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
When Paul wrote these words, he knew that love should be taken seriously, and not slightly.  Being a Marriage Counselor, I had seen so many tears and so many questions, asking, “Why did he say that he loves me when he didn’t? All these years he was with me now he left me for another woman” It is pitiful when sex attraction creates as a union and in few days or years it disappears in thin air. When you get caught up in a relationship, it comes to a conclusion where you put your trust into each other not knowing that that same relationship is heading to a disaster. Nonetheless, sincere love is sweet-romantic love and Adrenaline:  The two-Component Theory.  Love brings great pleasure according to Christina Rosetti Wrote:
my heart is like a singing bird, whose nest is in a watered shoot. My heart is like a apple-tree whose  boughs are bent with thick-set-fruits; my heart is like a rainbow shell that paddles in  halcyon sea; my heart is gladder than all these; because my love is come to me. Love is great in every relationship that has strong communications. It very difficult to be romantic without communications, love can be rough sometimes as the Roman poet Catullus complained in the first century BC
“I hate and I love, you ask how that can be, yet I do not know, I feel it and I am torment” Thinking of romantic love the contradiction nature of it is confused lovers (and those who theorize about love) sometime I myself ask if love is pleasure or pain. Is sex painful or sweet?  Is it passionate or sorrow. I recall when in college, the scientific explanation of romantic love was given a boost by Stanley Schechter’s two- component of human emotions. According to his theory, for person to experience emotions, two factors must be present: (1) “physiological arousal, and (2) an appropriate emotional explanation for the arousal. By recognizing the love it accompanied by physiological arousal.”

I would like you to read about five kinds of love, how they function in your life according to other people’s perspective. Read as follows:
(1)    Epithumia: Is of Greek origin and is a love based on a strong desire of many sorts. Many times it is associated with lust or sometimes to covet. While epithumia love can draw couples closer together it can also be divisive as it can lead to an uncontrollable desire to have or to own. We often hear on this forum from people who desperately try and draw a spouse back after they have become detached from the marriage. The efforts can be overwhelming to the retreating spouse as epithumia love can be seen as controlling. Epithumia love can also nurture strong bonds in a couple if they both experience it especially in a sexual context. To mutually desire each other sexually and to engross themselves in love making that is driven both by desire and selflessness in pleasing each other. Epithumia love is a double edged  and is most likely manifested in a positive manner in the early stages of a relationship.
(2)    
Eros: This the love most associated with romance. It is that head-over-heals feeling we get when a relationship moves forward. Your world and mind circles about your loved one and they are always on your mind. You strive for time together romantically. It is manifested in poetry, words of affirmation, love making, that special look in the eyes.…. A feeling that you could not be happy in life without their companionship and love. Eros love is wholly emotional and cannot be summoned at will. Sadly while most of us have experience eros love in our lives it is not sustainable. Most experts estimate that it will only last 18 – 24 months in the best of relationship before the relationship moves on to another form of love. While eros love is not sustainable, it can cycle in and out of a relationship over its course.
(3)    Phileo: This love cherishes and has tender affection for the beloved but it expects a response. It is a love of relationship, comradeship, sharing, communication and friendship. While eros makes lovers phileo makes a close companionship that is all trusting. They share each other’s thoughts, feelings, attitudes, plans and dreams. They confide in each other the most intimate secrets, fears and needs that they would not share with another. A marriage without phileo will be unsatisfactory no matter the passion in the bedroom.
(4)     
Agape: Many have heard me speak of agape love in several posts over the last year. Agape love is of particular significance to marriages in troubled waters, especially if one partner has disconnected. To love agapely is to love your spouse completely, love them wholly, but expect nothing in return from them at the current time. Agape love is different from eros love in that it is not sexual, nor romantic in nature. Its nature is that of self sacrifice but is not unconditional. You can love your spouse completely and still have boundaries and maintain your self respect. Agape love is also different from the other kinds of love in that you can choose it. You can elect to love your spouse this way because it is what is best for your family and marriage. It is a giving of yourself for the betterment of the marriage. Agape love can help you to “protect” yourself emotionally during difficult times as you love your spouse but expect nothing in return. Many I talk to have difficulty in trying to apply this type of love but if the marriage is in trouble and the detached spouse still cares for you but is in danger of leaving agape love can do wonders both for you and the marriage.

(5)    Storge: (Also Greek) Storge love is often described as a comfortable old shoe relationship comprised of natural affection and a sense of belonging to each other. Storge love represents a safe haven for couples as it is a place of acceptance, mutual respect and shelter. Many couple dwell in storge love for years and misunderstand it as mundane or boring. But in effect it is a very safe place but can simply lack that spark we seek. It can also serve as the moat around your marriage protecting it from outside forces and allow the other types of loves to dwell and flourish. Storge love can co-exist with other types of love and can be likened to a foundation made up of trust and safety.

These loves can come and go in a marriage. I would venture to say I have experienced them all in my 28+-year marriage. They can also intertwine with each other to form a stronger bond. By understanding, the kinds of love that can exist might help in determining where you are in your relationship and where you might want to be. I hope that this will give some insight into how they might get there. As much as Paul the Apostle stressed on love, sometime love do fail. In the five-love mentioned, ask yourself what is your style of love? Find it in those above, or explains…e…
 You love him you hate him. It’s the nature of romantic love. I know how much I love my husband, but sometimes when he closes the communication’s channel, he turns me off. However , the love is there, I try to get the candle of love burning with him even though he turns of communicating with me. I dressed up like the first day I met him and walks around the house. In a few minutes I get him back to where we started. As Paul the apostle says, “ love is kind, it does not puff up and fade away easily.
 

You love him you hate him. It’s the nature of romantic love. I know how much I love my husband, but sometimes when he closes the communication’s channel, he turns me off. However , the love is there, I try to get the candle of love burning with him even though he turns of communicating with me. I dressed up like the first day I met him and walks around the house. In a few minutes I get him back to where we started. As Paul the apostle says, “ love is kind, it does not puff up and 
 
I LOVE YOU

                              LOVE YOU
ROMANTIC LOVE IS  BITTER AND SWEET, LAUGHTER AND  PARADISES OF TEARS….


No comments:

Post a Comment