Sunday, June 1, 2014

FREEDOM AMERICA



LAND OF THE FREE- First visit to America.

          BY
 Pastor Catherine  Taylor   -Jamaican's Patois          Poem was written :  September 3, 2009


Freedom, when me hey abot freedom be run fe joi them umm!  Me sel al me hav and sa to me sef me ago a merica to drink milk and hony.  Mis sis, wen me get da, the plice du surprise me! People eating out a gabig pan a grand cental sum-way.   Police man ha gun a him wase! What a sinting! This a nu freedom, this a jam dung.  Me go to the phone boot,cal me brother up a canad; me sa brother me afe tel yu thi.   Me in merica, bot me nu se no gole on street. Al me se  a people movin fastar than worl win.  Lat a commission! A wa thi?!
Me tanup in a matthen car movin frunt a bak, nu people stap fe cros lite, me lif me han to  the east, west, north and south; me sa to me sel, wat a sinting! Merica is a fas pase plase
Nu respet fe humanity.  People tham nu greet no body! Boys and girls walkin witout clothe, wat a sintin! Thi ya plase ya nu sem to me lik freedom plase? It luk mor lik a fas plase witout
Govarment control.  Su me afe  go bak wa me com fram to liv free. Thi kin a freedom a nu wa me want!

  "Land of the Free"  Patois-English translation...

Freedom, when I heard about freedom, I ran for joy. I say um! I sold I that I had  and say to myself, I am going to America to drink milk and honey. My dear when I get there, the police did surprised me! I saw people eating from garbage bags in central park. Police wearing guns around their waist, I say, what is this, this is not freedom.

When I was in New York, I saw people moving faster than world wind. They walk, East, West, North and South. I say to myself, what is this, America is a FAST SPACE PLACE AND SOME OF THEIR PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT. The refused to greet others. I have to call my brother in Canada and tell him about this country. It was summer time, the girls them dressed inappropriately, what is going on? It look like this place is running without a government. The way things are it does not look like freedom in America. Else police would not be so harmed. I believe I am going back to my country where there is freedom. At lease in my county, I can go place without living in fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment