Sunday, March 1, 2015

SPIRIT

Laughter is good for the soul. I wrote this poem in college, I would like to share it with you. It is about a dead person, that I imagine walking in London- it's all about my imagination. " Duppy" means spirit. It is away of speaking Jamaican's Patios .
Love you. read and be happy. Those of you who are in creative writing class are free to use this poem. As follows:


         CatherineTaylor
Advance Poetry
October 26, 2010                                                                                        DREAM DEAD MAMA WALKING
“Dead Mama Walking in London Town”
 My mama is not dead, she is just somewhere getting
A nap with somebody she loves, who I do not know.
 I hope it is not with Frankenstein.   Somebody say that they saw my
 Dead mama walking in London Town, carrying a huge rock on her head.
Alternatively, some hard rock like what Moses strikes when he was
In the wilderness, with his people out of Egypt from slavery,
 They got angry with him bringing them out of Egypt to suffer.
  While he was talking to God on Mount Sinai, about the Ten Commandments
Oh well somebody better let me know how a dead woman can carry a rock
On her head, men this makes me laugh like Jamaican “Duppy”
They laughed “kicky, kicky” They want to make up story like make up strips
On my mama, who risk her life to save my child, who was running into?
A car on the highway to catch a black wild cat, which scares the hell out
Of me. Next thing they say, my dead mama was in the Queens Palace
Wearing a white Barrister wig dining with the Queen eating swine
Meat and drinking coconut water
 Her eyes shining like pure gold looks more like the gold
The Europeans stole from the Africans from the gold
Cost of Africa, which sounds absurd, it is not real to be going
Around building up scandal on a dead woman head, she rose from the
Dead/ she is not Lazarus that Christ calls forth from the grave
She is a dead mama, these people who talking that they seeing mamma
Do not even know how to walk to London Town; they are afraid of the stars
In the sky at night, Alexander her son would go crazy if he hears all this mess.
About mama walking through London carrying stone on her dead head
Everyone in my family hearing, hearing, all what’s happening
Another person says that they see mama, running and branching in
America, that muttonhead has no knowledge of what they are talking about
My mama is not dead she is just somewhere taking a nap with somebody she loves.


 Image result for virginia woolf show imageImage result for virginia woolf show imageShe is awesome-she inspired me to write poems.




No comments:

Post a Comment